View Single Post
23 Oct 2010  
Corrine

Windows 7 & Windows Vista Ultimate

AVG Free 2011 Currently Incompatible With Licensed MBAM

As Donna reported at New Build of AVG Free 2011 is Incompatible to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, the new release of AVG Free 2011 is not compatible with MBAM. Upon further investigation, I understand that it is the real-time protection in the licensed version of MBAM that appears to be incompatible with AVG Free 2011, resulting in the computer being completely unresponsive.

AVG has advised users who have updated to the new version to reinstall the earlier version of AVG until the problem is sorted out. Apparently the update will not be pushed to users for a while.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is also looking at the conflict and plans on addressing it in the next build of MBAM, 1.47. Apparently there is also a conflict with Panda 2011.

From Malwarebytes vs. AVG Free 2011:

Quote:
Our VP of Development has informed me that version 1.47 (which we hope to be able to release within the next few weeks) will contain some new technology that should alleviate compatibility issues like this. Once I get my hands on the beta I will make certain to test it with AVG 2011.
My System SpecsSystem Spec