View Single Post
24 Oct 2010  

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by danfoley1 View Post
All of a sudden, our DT started crashing, no new hardware or software installed. Other than Windows updates. I can crash imediatly, or after an hour, it is very random. I have run the Dell pre-boot Diagnostics - NO problems found. Have checked all connections, reseated CPU, NO change. Check all cables. Tried new video card, did not help. Have had the cover off and unit is clean. Removed mem sticks, no change. Duration that the computer stays operational varies at any time. Event Log shiows 'critical Error ID 41". Have been told by several techs, several possiblities from replacing every part to reinstalling Win 7 Upgrade (originally, 1.5 yr old system came with Vista 64). If I listened to everyone, I would have bought enough parts to build 3 systems. Don't want to do that if not needed. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Performance files attached. Thank you

Dan Foley

Dell Studio XPS 435MT
i7-920, 2.66
8G 1066 Ram
WD 650G HD
ATI Radeon HD 4850 Video Card

Dan hi and welcome

There are unfortunately no files attached can you try this method?

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the appropriate section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

My System SpecsSystem Spec