View Single Post
10 Nov 2010   #
olel

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Hey, I'm having an issue that I can't seem to find on the internet. Been struggling with this one for hours, and EasyBCD doesn't fix it. It's the boot manager, it doesn't show up when I start my machine. I installed Windows 7 first, then installed XP. It all went fine, when the XP installation finished, I installed the drivers needed etc. But now I have no idea how to make my boot display the boot manager!

First of all, when I started EasyBCD for the first time, I got an error saying it couldn't find a specific file, and it asked me to continue or not, and I just continued. I figgured that it was because my XP installation had no BCD config file, and therefore I just made EasyBCD make one, does this affect my dual booting in any way? Anyways, after that I proceeded to add the New Entry via EasyBCD, and after that I to the Bootloader Setup and added Windows 7 to the MBR and rebooted, just like it said in the instructions. When my machine is booting, it chooses XP automatically every time, and I can't choose Windows 7 either.

Do you know what's wrong here? I'd really appreciate some help here, it's really beeing frustrating me today.
My System SpecsSystem Spec