View Single Post
17 Nov 2010  
littleluis

windows 7 professional

My xps 400 system came with a creative soundblaster PCI card. I do believe that I will find window 7 drivers from creative website. I am just curious... I ran windows 7 advisor in my xps 400 under windows xp operating system, and it said that all my hardware is compatible, and neither any connotation regarding drivers. The only exception is the sound card that it is compatible but I need to get the free drivers provided by the soundcard vendor. I see (fireberd) that I need to get all the 32 bit vista drivers after I install windows 7. I thought that windows 7 install disc will take care of it automatically at the beginning or later once I request for upgrades from win 7. Fireberd, it you are right, then I do not understand the information provided by windows 7 advisor. It is confusing since it never says that I need to get drivers (from vista 32-bit) left and right. I do not get it.
By the way, let's assume for a moment that my hardware and drivers are doing great under windows 7... I would like to know more regarding my initial question (gregrocker said something about it). With 3.5 gb ram usable, what is the best thing to do: installing win 7 32-bit or win 7 64-bit? Thank you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec