View Single Post
23 Nov 2010  
JMoncrief

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Retail

At the present, I am just running an extended desktop. I am planning on buying three new monitors (with native displayport connectors to avoid all this), but in the meantime I am trying to make my existing monitors all work (as they always have) as an extended desktop.

I am using the Accell B087B-006B active minidisplayport to DVI-D adapters (x 3).

I have actually got this ironed out with exception of one monitor, the VX2433WM, which will not run unless the frequency is increased to 67 HZ or more, or possibly is a byproduct of reducing the resolution to very low levels, I am not sure. I have tried different drivers to no avail, but also have no display in POST ( on this monitor only) so I think the problem is more of a hardware compatibility issue than anything.

I have contacted XFX support, & they want me to try a passive adapter (which I do not have) to see if it is some sort of compatibility issue with the adapter & monitor. I just had this discussion yesterday with them, but they are supposed to be sending me one to try. This card (the single slot XFX 5770) does not come with any adapters at all, so when I bought them I got all active ones per their recommendation from tech support... apparently that is not always the way to go with certain hardware.

Anyway, I hope this will work, but if not I am going to go ahead & pick up an HP ZR24W, which is what I want to have all the way around eventually.
My System SpecsSystem Spec