View Single Post
06 Dec 2010  
Anak

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mujibypi View Post
Hi. That resolves my 2nd issue - thanks!

On the 1st issue, how do I move it to my download folder as you suggested? Sorry, like I said, I'm pretty much a novice with computers. Also, if I do move it as suggested, will that remove the icon?

Thanks!

Peace, Christopher
No need to apologize "A question un-asked is a lesson un-learned"

• Right click on the Start Orb in the lower left corner of your desktop.
  • A small dialog box will open with "Properties" on the top, and "Open Windows Explorer" on the bottom, Left or right click on Open Windows Explorer. This will open the windows explorer Folder onto your desktop.
  • You will see The Library Folder open by default, but take the mouse cursor up to the Folder "Desktop", and left click on that. You should now see to the right the Folders that are on your desktop.
  • Locate your downloaded Folder, place the mouse cursor on it then left click and hold...Then drag it while holding down the left mouse button, towards the Folder marked "Downloads".
  • Make sure the cursor is touching the word downloads, it should tell you underneath that it is being "Moved to downloads"
  • Release the left mouse button, it will disappear into the Folder "Downloads".
  • You will see the folder is gone from the desktops right pane, click on the Downloads Folder, and you will see your downloaded Folder.
  • Close out Windows Explorer you should be back to the desktop, and see your downloaded folder is no longer there.
  • You have successfully moved a Folder, and all its contents from one location to another, and that includes its icon.
There are times you may want to copy a file or folder from one location to another.

To do that you need to hold down on the (Ctrl) Control key located at either the lower left or right corners of your keyboard, while doing the above procedure.

See:
Move and copy files using drag and drop

There are at least two, maybe three more ways to do this, but lets stick with this for now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec