View Single Post
07 Dec 2010  
jamiedolan

windows 8 64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by roncerr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jamiedolan View Post
...Can I get rid of this request to sign in, I don't want a windows live account...
In order to download Windows Live Essentials, you had to have a Live account but you don't have to use it. When you open WLM don't sign in and set the connection option in WLM to not sign in. However Microsoft has added a feature to WLM called "Photo Email" which uses your Sky Drive as a storage place for your photos while WLM sends only a thumbnail link. Obviously, you need to sign in for that. To avoid signing in, never use Photo Email. Instead just use "attach" or "insert" for photos and decline the offer of "Photo Email".
Thanks for your help. After much frustration of not getting this to work properly for sending photos from Picasa, and not wanting to go through the extra steps of exporting from Picasa then attaching the photos, I switched to Thunderbird. I was able to get all my old mail and address book transferred over.
Thunderbird appears to be all working fine and is a more familiar interface. Plus it works properly with Picasa.

Thank you for your help
Jamie
My System SpecsSystem Spec