View Single Post
11 Dec 2010  

Look in Device manager, unhide all Devices, see what is missing its driver.

If it's not named, you may have to get creative to find what is missing: check specs for your model computer to see what hardware isn't yet installed.

Or use this method to determine the hardware from the Device's properties: Hardware Identification

If simply reinstalling the display driver doesn't help, then what sometimes works is to uncheck the box in Device Manager>Display Driver>Driver tab so it uninstalls the software to set back to standard VGA Display driver. This allows you to completely reinstall the driver from a new download.

Don't forget to check for other drivers, starting with Win7 optional Updates, then Computer model's Support Downloads webpage, then Nvidia drivers download page.

Of course the problems can only be assumed to be the Display driver based on them occurring immediately after you updated it. This is why you need to study the logs to look for other clues.

As a matter of course when troubleshooting you should run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

If this doesn't help, what often works is a Repair Install

I am on my way out the door now, but will be glad to give this more attention later if you keep the clues coming.
My System SpecsSystem Spec