View Single Post
12 Dec 2010  
unifex

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MatthewHirst View Post
Thanks for the help, will give rep,
I only have 68 startup process and there mainly the ones which are needed to run. My antivirus doesn't do a scan when loaded, and the drivers are upto date.
The OS was the pre-installed one.

Cheers x
Thanks Matthew . 68 sounds too high a number to me, unless you are really sure that you need all those processes. Just to compare, my new Sony now starts with 38 processes - after a clean install and trimming down unnecessary stuff that gets installed together with specific Sony drivers.

You may try a simple thing - boot up your system in the safe mode and see whether this feels fast or slow for you. The safe mode will not load anything except for the absolutely necessary system files and drivers, so there you won't be affected by any bloatware or programs you choose to run at startup. If this will turn out fast for you, then you can proceed by eliminating those startup items that take a lot of time (follow Bill's advice above). If the safe mode startup is still slow, then something more drastic is needed, but hopefully it won't come to this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec