View Single Post
15 Dec 2010  
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Odd Job View Post
Is it possible to run two routers from a single ADSL line ?

Problem is my daughters computer in her bedroom gets a very slow/intermitent connection on wireless from my router because the signal is weak (15" concrete floor between the rooms). I have a spare router and a phone line not far from her room, so if I could connect this router in addition to the one in my study it would solve the problem.

Failing that are there any other suggestions other than running a 10 metre ethernet cable to her room ?
Using a wireless bridge or AP "access point" is the way to go if you can't run a cable. I use the Dlink DAP1522, wirless bridge or AP.

Although getting the bridge or AP into the optimum spot might be a challenge with a 15 inch concrete floor, there is usually a way to get it done by testing out different placement options and using the one that works best.

Dual routers on the same network is not the way to go here as they can be unrealible and difficult to set up, but it is possible with a little luck and if you set them up correctly. Not all routers will work for this.
My System SpecsSystem Spec