View Single Post
16 Dec 2010  
DustSailor

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wearetheborg View Post
Everyone can make use of security features.

You might have heard of the recent .lnk vulnerabilities in windows, and the search path security holes.

Software restriction policies drop all the attackers for those dead in their tracks.
This has been dealt with Microsoft Security Advisory (2286198): Vulnerability in Windows Shell Could Allow Remote Code Execution
No, honestly any more security on my system isn't worth it. Basically, if you click on to something and download a virus, its your fault. I Don't do that. You might think accidents happen, but MSE has not failed me yet. I almost didn't even bother to install it either. Just don't click on suspicious links, its really not hard. People make a bigger deal out of it than it is, and some may have a reason to. I keep personal information to myself and have no fear of it getting out. If it does, the bank has security measures in place, some of which I have enacted myself (Limits to amounts taken out, reimbursement for stolen monies). I have no fear, the biggest thing Would be a reinstall, but I enjoy that part.

I like computer systems simple, not complicated webs of encoded and encrypted software that backs up safely to mother nature's hiney. I play games, I don't run banks
My System SpecsSystem Spec