View Single Post
24 Dec 2010  
DustSailor

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

So you notice that your computer can run slow, or is it just that you notice the high CPU scores every once in a while? Firefox takes 10% at times it looks like, it can be a resource hog. You still notice it jump up to 100%? Perhaps you should consider nocking down some graphics a few notches: Right click computer, go to properties. On the left side, click Advanced System Settings. On the Advanced Tab, Under Performance, click settings. Adjust the Visual effects to something less but that you still can live with, you might even try and see what you like.

Then go to these tutorials. You don't have to follow everything, but the more you follow, generally the faster your computer can get: Optimize Windows 7 and Startup Programs - Change. I recommend disabling most if not all of these startup programs.

I think your CPU is functioning normally, you may just have a lot going on. I suggest uninstalling programs you don't need, as they may slow down your computer (I have no way of knowing which ones you have, but generally, if you need it, keep it, if not, then don't). I saw a process that was BBImpSec.exe and that took up 1% at the time of the snapshot. I don't have that process, and if you don't need it, find the program it belongs to and uninstall it. But in dealing with the SVChosts: they are part of your system, you need them.

1% may not be a lot, but it adds up, esspecially when you do something that takes a lot of CPU power. If you can, I suggest sticking with internet explorer. Some tests suggest it is a safer browser than firefox, and firefox takes a lot out of your computer from what I can see in your screenshots. Your CPU may go high, but that is okay and normal. After you've done all this and you are still having problems, let us know and we'll see what more we can do

Hope this works for you, I can do some more tweaks for you but it gets deeper into the system and disables things (that most people don't need, but I don't know exactly what you want and need, so it can get tedious). Let me know if you want to go that route.

ALSO, make sure you defragment (Just type in defragment) and use disk cleanup through this tutorial: Disk Cleanup - Open and Use. Delete only things you know you don't need. if you delete anything that says temporary, it is okay cause the system will replace them later. If you don't know what something is, either leave it there or look it up to find out and then decide from there. Hope this all helps ya out bud. If you want to ask what something does, you can make a list right here and someone else or if I'm around would be more than happy to answer those questions.

(Forgive me if I sound really dumbed down, I don't know what your computer experience is like so I'm trying to make it simple for ya )
My System SpecsSystem Spec