Thread: New laptop
View Single Post
08 Jan 2011  
jessejw

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Here To Help View Post
HP ProBook they are the best you can buy. Very solid computers. I would stay away from moble nvidia cards because the do not have a good history of lasting. Look up nvida on wiki and go to the bottom of the page. Also stay away from a large screen. If you want a big sreen buy a desktop. The only thing you are doing is making the laptop (which was never designed to drive a nearly 19 inch screen as the one you where looking at) work harder then it should shorting the battery life and the life of the computer its self. The HP Pro Books have great driver and firmwear suport and the hardware inside them is great. As you can get a 4GB * 2 DDR 3 set on newegg for $79.99 on sale. All I say is that save your money and buy something that will last. Also be sure if you want 8gb of ram that the Pro book if you choose so is a 64 bit os which both these are.

HP ProBook AMD Phenom II Quad-Core P940

Newegg.com - HP ProBook 4525s (XT963UT#ABA) NoteBook AMD Phenom II Quad-Core P940(1.7GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 500GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

AMD Turion II Dual-Core P540

Newegg.com - HP ProBook 4525s (XT951UT#ABA) NoteBook AMD Turion II Dual-Core P540(2.4GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 320GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Thanks for the information. Both of these computers look great, but I've never used 64bit how is the compatibility with programs?

Is it a big change from 32bit?
My System SpecsSystem Spec