View Single Post
13 Jan 2011  

Win 8 Release candidate 8400

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tomii View Post
Hi SevenForums!

I'm having this reeeally annoying 124 error that won't go away, and I don't know what I should do!
When it happens, my computer either completely hangs, so that I have to press the reset button to reboot, OR everything hangs for a moment, then reboots automatically.
After the computer has finished rebooting, Windows tells me there was a "Hardware Error". Error code 124.

And what makes things worse(?) is that the problem occurs with very long intervals, so it's really hard to troubleshoot. Last time it happened was on 2011-01-08 01:24:29, according to the Event Viewer.

Everything in my computer (which I built myself) is new, except for one of my two hard-drives and my GFX-Card, but my friend (who had it before me) only used it once or so, because his PSU was too weak to run it.

Please help!

Have you tried all these remedies? Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .. A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

My System SpecsSystem Spec