Thread: Solved Cannot change background
View Single Post
18 Jan 2011  
Welshboy

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Quote:
BrinkYep, that one is safe. It's not possible for it to have caused the computer to crash, so something else is going on with your system.

I would recommend for you to scan you system for malware or a virus with Malwarebytes and ESET Online Scanner to help be safe.

As a test, create another new standard or administrator account for your wife to see if you are able to change the desktop backgroup while logged in it. The other account may have been corrupted.

Hope this helps,
Shawn BrinkYep, that one is safe. It's not possible for it to have caused the computer to crash, so something else is going on with your system.

I would recommend for you to scan you system for malware or a virus with Malwarebytes and ESET Online Scanner to help be safe.

As a test, create another new standard or administrator account for your wife to see if you are able to change the desktop backgroup while logged in it. The other account may have been corrupted.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Thanks Brink...did as you said and deleted existing account and set up new...must have been corrupt file as you said as all fine now....thanks again!!

Taffy
My System SpecsSystem Spec