View Single Post
26 Jan 2011  
Shaymac

Windows 7 Starter 32bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sik00 View Post
To be quite honest, I used to use Ccleaner and similar programs to clean my Windows XP..but with Windows 7, I don't see the need. It's still as fast as the day I installed it, so why mess with it if it's working for me, right?

I would take a look in the Secutiry section for AV suggestions, since you uninstalled Norton. I personally use Avast and MSE together. I have Avast set to scan my drive once a week, and I use Malwarebytes' to run a full scan once a week.

If you go to Control Panel > Performance Information and Tools, and click on Advanced Tools in the left pane, you can view all the performance tools that come with Windows 7.

Thanks for the reply!

I think MSE with the internal firewall will be fine. I have read to NEVER run more then one AV. Mind you, I have not used any AV for some years up to now, and I am NO pro, lol... I went of topic on that part, I must apologize.

After some reading I've come to the conclusion: Never touch the registry, and to be wary of external cleaners. I just wonder if the built in disk cleaner is enough for wiping junk files. For now I will stick with those tools you mentioned above.

Thank you for posting!
My System SpecsSystem Spec