View Single Post
12 Feb 2011  
gregrocker
Microsoft MVP

I would not waste SSD space with the Recovery Partition. Make the disks now if you haven't already and then store the partition as an image. It will likely lose its hotlink to run from boot on the new SSD anyway, which is it's only residual value after disks are made.

Likewise the EISA partition cannot be counted on to continue its hotlink to any utilities which are linked to it. And I would not waste expensive SSD space for this partition either since it provides only driver storage and possible hotlinks to bloatware factory utiltiies which have much better versions built into Win7 OS.

What this is leading to is considering a clean install using a Win7 installation DVD for your version and the Product Key on the COA sticker. This is a much superior install which loses the factory bloatware which weighs down the lightest, most instantaneous OS ever. Here are tips for getting a purrfect reinstall of factory OEM: re-install windows 7

If you decide to reimage or clone I'd only transfer over the C partition. If either HD or SSD are WD or Seagate they offer excellent free Acronis cloning apps on their Support Downloads webpage. And Here are tips for cleaning up factory bloatware you can use ahead of time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec