View Single Post
13 Feb 2011  
Cr00zng

Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, OSX Maverick

Well, it seems that the customer will wait until the Sandy Bridge CPU will have its motherboard fixed; that should take another four to five month. It'll be a new install on a different hardware and restoring the image is out the window. There are ways around it, but I rather start from fresh with the new hardware...

The Office forum learned the same thing I've learned a while ego at another customer with his Outlook 2007:

Quote:
"Your accounts are stored in the registry and need to be recreated on the new computer."
I've even tried some of the registry tricks to no avail to move over accounts. While one or two accounts ain't that bad, people nowadays have a half a dozen or more accounts. My Outlook has about 20 accounts, most of them relate to the sites that I manage.

Visiting the Office forum wasn't a total lost; tw33k found a third-party tool that can backup and restore Outlook. It's a shame that Microsoft didn't include backing up accounts in Outlook like they used to, but ABF Outlook Backup will be part of my toolbox.
Thanks Greg...
My System SpecsSystem Spec