View Single Post
11 Jun 2009  

Windows 7 x64 7600
Via Audio Drivers 64-bit

Update on My system from Previous post. I did get the Via audio driver for 64 bit to install. But!!! This is what I found on my system in device manager. High Def Audio device was already installed with ATI HDMI Driver, and one High Def Audio was left and would give 6 channel direct sound if I installed VIA driver the devices would change to ATI HDMI Audio and VIA High Def Audio. But 6 channel direct would not work also HD Deck never loads.
Uninstalled all audio devices plus deleted drivers with device manager of course rebooted after booting Checked Device manager to make sure only two High Def Audio devices listed. Then ran VIA 650a driver setup and now I have Via High Def Audio, and High Def Audio listed. Under playback devices I now see Digital Audio HDMI And Speakers VIA High Def Audio. 6 cannel direct works now but the Digital audio HDMI reports not plugged in. If I choose it I can view properties but not configure and HD DECK still will not load and this is where I remember going to tell it to use Digital out put with my previous Vista 32-bit setup. I will try to do this with the asus drivers and update this post with results later...
My System SpecsSystem Spec