View Single Post
23 Feb 2011  

Windows 7 Home Premiun x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
At exactly what point does the installation fail, using the tutorial here as a timeline? Clean Install Windows 7

What is the verbatim exact failure error message?

Try entering Device Manager via Safe Mode to uninstall any driver in error: Device Manager - Access During Windows 7 Installation

As a last resort when all else fails, I move the HD to another machine to install, then SysPrep the HD before moving it back to problem machine. SysPrep removes all drivers and prepares HD to start up on new hardware. Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer

You can also SysPrep another Win7 installation of the same version on another machine, save a backup image, then boot Win7 DVD Repair console or Repair CD to reimage to the problem machine. Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup
System Image Recovery
Sorry It took me a while to post again trying to try all of these.

1st of all yes I have performed the Dell System Test and everything is ok with the system.

The error i receive when the instalation fails is "windows setup could not configure windows in this hardware"

Now what I have noticed by pressing shift + F10 is that it fails while performing Windows Desktop Update, exactly after it changes the screen resolution to my systems native resolution, at that moment I recieve the error message.

I tried installing windows in another machine and then switching it to the laptop, and it runs the set up till about 66% and then i recive the same error when the screen resolution changes and the computer shuts off.

I know its not the system bc i was able to run Ubuntu 10.10 fne fr an entire day, only problem is that I work with Adobe CS, and UDK and those do not run on Ubuntu, so Im out of ideas.
My System SpecsSystem Spec