Thread: Solved Card Reader Problem
View Single Post
10 Apr 2011  
jademoore6

Windows 8.1 pro

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Does Win7 install the driver for the reader? Check your Device Manager after unhiding all devices on View tab.

Try another USB port.

Are you having other problems with Win7? Is this a clean install, in place upgrade or factory preinstall?

Check optional Windows Updates for newer drivers after enabling hardware auto-updating: Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware
yes, windows 7 successfully installed the driver and place it on the device manager correctly.

I've also tried all my USB ports including the ports I used with my other devices.

none for now, except that it became to snappy when booting in. maybe because it is too old (I mean too many programs installed and it's been 2yrs since my last reformat). This is a clean install and not an upgrade.

I've also enabled the auto update and I recently have updated drivers and some sort of things via the windows update.

>do you think it's time for me to reformat now? by the way, I've also tried assigning drive letter to my card reader and it doesn't work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec