View Single Post
24 Apr 2011  
Wishmaster

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlackerITGuy View Post
Looks great mate.

2 things I'd change though:

PSU: While that Cooler Master PSU looks quite good, for that price you could get yourself a top notch fully modular beefy PSU like the Seasonic X750W.

CPU Cooler: Again, same thing applies, why pay ~$40 bucks for a ZALMAN cooler when for practically the same price, you could get yourself the Thermaltake Frío, considered by many to be the best air cooler out there.
This +1

I was actually watching a video review about coolers yesterday. And for what its worth:

From thier conclusion,
The V8 was the best with the Frio being a very close 2nd. (they were very,very close within 1-2C of each other loaded stock and OC)

Overall, the H70 was the winner. But they said considering the price difference, and the fact it wasnt that much better over the V8, the would give the V8 the winner for that reason.

Although thats just 1 review, others may come to a different conclusion.

I would take a look at one of these PSUs.
650W:
Newegg.com - SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold ((SS-650KM Active PFC F3)) 650W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

750W:
Newegg.com - SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

Honestly, I think either brand in the 650W variety will be plenty of power. These pack more of a punch than it would seem.
Theres really not much need to go larger unless you plan on SLI/X-Fire in the future.

Maybe the 750 for a bit of extra headroom.

Overall, good looking gaming rig.
My System SpecsSystem Spec