Many users here have a problem of their screens flashing (or flickering, or blinking) black after Windows loads. I've seen people blame everything from audio drivers to integrated graphics for this issue, however these are not the causes.
Microsoft has a service called Transient Multimon Manager (TMM). This (supposedly) makes it easier to run multiple displays. It also causes the annoying flash we all hate so much. It took me hours to pinpoint the exact process (which happened to be the Task Scheduler Engine), and even more time to pinpoint the exact task, so enjoy.
Here's how to fix that annoying black flicker on boot:
- Click on the Start button (pearl? ball? orb?).
- Type "Task Scheduler" and hit Enter.
- On the left-hand side, click "Task Scheduler Local" (you should already be there, but just in case).
- Expand "Task Scheduler Library," then "Microsoft," then "Windows," then click "MobilePC."
- Up top, you'll see a task called "TMM." Click it, and on the right-hand side, click "Disable."
- You're done.