View Single Post
15 May 2011  
JukeboxJezabel

Win7 Home Premium

Thanks all, but it looks like this is a secondary problem related to the task scheduler and something with google updates that occured today. There is a missing event message and the snap-ins need reloading every time. Restores donot correct it or as I said earlier restoring the the reg hive with erunt did anything a repair is not possible with a slipped streamed disk:

* You can use a Windows 7 SP1 installation disc (ex: Technet (available), MSDN (available), or retail (when available)) to do a repair install with on a currently installed Windows 7 SP1.
* You cannot use a slipstream Windows 7 installation disc to do a repair install with on a currently installed Windows 7 SP1.
* You cannot use a slipstream Windows 7 installation disc to do a repair install with on a currently installed slipstream Windows 7 SP1.
* You can use a Windows 7 SP1 installation disc (ex: Technet (available), MSDN (available), or retail (when available)) to do a repair install with on a currently installed slipstream Windows 7 SP1.

All the sounds works except certain error or program "asterisk" alert sounds which I found annoying anyway. I just tried tuneup because it had because it can remove hotfix backups, I had just removed sp1 backup with ms disk utils. I'm going to try creating another profile and see if the missing sounds occur in the new profile. Ultimately I will do a clean install in a couple of weeks and this time I will image the partition.

Thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec