View Single Post
16 Jun 2011  

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by t-4-2 View Post
When you logon to the " limited " account, the system does not know it is the " almighy " admin logging on ( joking ).
All it knows is a user with limited privileges and valid password has logged on.
Therefore, when the " user " wants to do something that is beyond the privilege restriction, the system will ask for admin permission. Hence the dialog box.

That is how it is supposed to work.
Yes I realize that's how it's 'supposed' to work. My question is is there a way to bring up a prompt or a command line that allows you to enter your Admin username and password so you can work within the user account as admin?

The IT folks at work do it all the time on our PC's (running XP still...)

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello 211,

You should be able to do all of this while logged into your administrator account. When you open their C:\Users\(user-name) folder the first time, you will have to grant yourself permission. Afterwards, you should have access all the time without being prompted. When you install a program from within your account, you would just need to make sure that they have a shortcut of it added in their Start Menu if not already when installed.

Hope this helps,
That doesn't always work with the deletion of shortcuts. Not all of the shortcuts on the desktop appear in the users "desktop" folder.
My System SpecsSystem Spec