View Single Post
22 Jun 2011  

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

theog - Whether I click on <F9> once or multiple times the error screen described in my original post appears. To be clear, I deleted the partition containing Linux and extended the volume containing win7 to the unallocated space.

gregrocker - I burned the ISO to a DVD. Because I have never had to deal with ISO's before I don't know what should be on the disk after the image is burned. I include what is on the DVD below:
On the DVD:

In the 'boot' folder:

In the 'sources' folder:

I couldn't tell you if these contents are all that is needed or not. In Wintoflash I tried two sources for the Windows files. I used the ISO on my Desktop and the burned image on DVD. In both cases when I tried to proceed Wintoflash gives the message "Incorrect source of Windows files".

I installed UltraISO and followed your instructions. Set the USB as first to load in the BIOS and restarted the laptop. Immediately went to the error screen as described in my first post.

I apologize for responding much later than your posts, but I just now received email notification of ALL posts in this thread. I will manually check the site hourly. Thanks so much for the help. I appreciate it!

UPDATE: Although I set the USB to boot first in the BIOS, in 'desperation' I clicked F8 and F10 and got the error screen. I then clicked the 'ESC' key and a window opened "Select First Boot Device" and listed the HD and the USB drive. Selected USB drive and a window opened "Starting windows" and has taken me to the System Recovery Options.

So I can now get to the recovery options. I tried but failed to solve the boot problem, but my request to get to recovery has been solved and I thank you. I will start another thread with the problem I am having in recovery options.

Well done!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec