View Single Post
05 Jul 2011  
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by michaelra View Post
I've been having random BSOD on my Windows 7 x64 for a few weeks. I've tried checking my RAM one by one with memtest (even bought a new RAM and still got the BSOD). I reformatted and tried not to install certain drivers (audio, USB, etc) and still got the BSOD..

Would you mind having a look at the latest minidump file? Maybe something will come up... I have used the latest BIOS and chipset drivers from the mobo manufacturer (ASUS)

BSOD totally random.. when I'm not doing anything, when watching a movie, or sometimes after waking up from sleep and leaving it by itself for a few minutes. Sometimes my computer runs fine for days, sometimes not

*feels like throwing the whole computer away*
ASACPI.SYS

1-ASACPI.SYS a major cause of BSOD's in the 2005 rev.

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).
My System SpecsSystem Spec