View Single Post
05 Jul 2011  
t-4-2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, SP1

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bru View Post
A month or so ago I noticed I could not listen to Cartalk (A PBS radio show) online when I always could before. Tried to troubleshoot. Reset IE8 and still no joy. It works just fine with Google Chrome so I know it is related to IE8.

Just created a new account (standard vs. my admin) and of course I can listen just fine on that account. Again tried to troubleshoot. Looked at add-ons. Made them identical, still no joy. Once again completely reset IE8 and still nothing.

So why would the website work just fine with the standard account and not my admin account? This is driving me crazy. I know I can use the standard account or chrombut I really want to know why this is happening.
Usually, underline the word usually, when user account A works fine while the user account B does not, that means B account is corrupted.

To confirm that assumption, create another admin account. Logon to that new admin and see if it works ok.
If yes, your old admin is corrupted.

What to do with a corupted user profile :
Fix a corrupted user profile

excerpt : To copy files to the new user profile
After you create the profile, you can copy the files from the existing profile. You must have at least three user accounts on the computer to complete these steps, including the new account you just created.
My System SpecsSystem Spec