View Single Post
11 Jul 2011  
Anak

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by windsorlady View Post
Hum, this sounds great and I found where you reference, however, it only shows the C drive - no "I" drive or USB Disk. Where do I find that?
My apologies for not simplifying my information. Lets see if I can make it easier to understand.

1.) You can go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items, and open Indexing Options to get ready, but make sure your 'I' drive is in the USB hub before you click on modify.

1a.) Or you can place your 'I' drive in the USB hub, then go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items, and open Indexing Options.

How do you change search parameters?-1wl.jpg

2.) Click on Modify #1 shown in picture attachment.

How do you change search parameters?-1wl1.jpg

3.) Click on 'Show all Locations' #2.

Your 'I' drive should show in the 'Change selected locations' box above. See Red arrow.

4.) Click on OK #3.

5.) Click on Close #4
, to save changes.

In Britton30's example:
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Britton30 View Post
Or you can open the drive and type your search query in the Explorer window too.
1.) Make sure your 'I' drive is in the USB hub.

2.) Open Windows Explorer.
If is not already pinned to your 'Taskbar' to the right of the 'Start Orb'. Click on the 'Start' Orb, and type or copy/paste this into the search box; Windows Explorer Click on Windows Explorer under Programs (1)

How do you change search parameters?-1wl2.jpg

3.) Then type I: into the Windows Explorer Search box.

How do you change search parameters?-1w3.jpg

And the contents of 'I' should automatically show in the right hand viewing pane below the search box.

In either case you must make sure your 'I' drive is in your USB hub, but Britton30's example may be better because in my example, once you plug in your 'I' drive 'Search' will try to index it, and I am not sure how long that would take or if you would be willing to wait that long.

In his you just plug in your 'I' drive, enter I: in the explorer search box, and the results would show much quicker.

You would have to experiment with either one to see which suits you best.

For more on 'Search' see: Search in Windows 7
Don't forget to check the related tutorials below this tutorial.

My System SpecsSystem Spec