Windows 7 Help Forums - View Single Post - Help making a decision
View Single Post
11 Jul 2011  
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Ok , I am lucky enough to own a ssd , it's certainly one of the best purchases I have made for my pc in the last couple of years , things run real fast , boot times are amazing!

I also own a HD5850 and made the decision to buy another one a couple of weeks ago to crossfire it.

I ordered it from aria , delivered the next day and I was well excited , the excitement soon turned to misery as the card turned out to be dead on arrival!

I am still waiting for a refund 2 weeks on so I can't even order a new one , but I have noticed there are very few around at a decent price now.

Infact the only one that is reasonably priced is on overclockers.co.uk and its still 20 more than what they were selling it a few weeks back.

The next cheapest I can find is like 160 , it seems stocks of the HD5850 are running dry at the moment.

I am not sure what to do really , might try and sell my powercolor pcs+ 5850 and buy a gtx 570 or may hang fire and see if a few more 5850's come back onto the market.

It's tricky.

2x 5850's in crossfire return some excellent fps , dirt 2 for example on max settings , 1 card will see around 60fps , 2 cards in xfire will see nearly 120fps.

I am sure I have just totally messed with your head now and you are proberly even more unsure of what to do pmsl but hey ho

Paul.
My System SpecsSystem Spec