View Single Post
28 Jul 2011  
niemiro

Vista Home Premium x86 SP2

Hello Pru, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

Well done for posting your log! Now we can proceed to the fix with no extra steps Let's see what I can do!

WARNING! This fix was created specifically for this user! If you are not this user, do not follow these instructions!
@prufrock01: Ignore the above

Download the attached .zip file. Inside it, will be two folders, Packages and Manifests.

Create these folders if they do not already exist: C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests

Extract Packs.zip onto your Desktop. Please place the contents of my Desktop\Packages in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and my Desktop\Manifests in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests.

DO NOT place the .zip file in that folder, or the folders themselves. Make sure that a lot of files are in each of those Checksur folder.

Re-run the System Update Readiness Tool, and get me another copy of C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log.

Also, please retest Windows Updates (with fingers slightly crossed, no matter how much we both know that that won't help! lol.)

Thanks a lot!

Richard

Attached Files
File Type: zip Packs.zip (703.8 KB, 104 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec