View Single Post
31 Aug 2011  

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NeptuneTech View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by seavixen32 View Post
Just right-click each logical partition in turn and choose delete.

Once you've done that, highlight the unallocated space, then right-click again and follow the wizard's instructions to create a new primary (basic) partition. It'll also offer you the chance to format the new partition. Just choose the Quick Format option or you'll have to wait some time before a full format is completed. You'll also be able allocate a drive letter of your choosing.

for a trial, i deleted only a drive e: not all of the logical volume...still it showed free space label...and strange thing is that when i right clicked it, it formatted and enabled itself to a new simple volume without any problem...while still the other free space is unavailable to be formatted and generates the same error...

Now, do i need to format the whole logical volume that has 3 partitions in it?? (please refer previous image)
Yes, the thinking behind my reasoning was to start afresh with the disk space other than the active partition that has Windows on it.

Once you've got a formatted primary partition, you can then decide what you want to do.

As long as you keep your C drive intact you shouldn't do any damage.
My System SpecsSystem Spec