View Single Post
11 Sep 2011  
niemiro

Vista Home Premium x86 SP2

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by levezinho View Post
Ok i stop that solution

My windows 7 is a 32 bit version, and the internet explorer are the version 8.0.7600.16385
Don't worry about it. If you received permissions errors, it means that you didn't undo permissions completely, and so those files are still protected

In fact, that solution was in essence correct. You do need new copies of the files. But instead of directly modifying the contents of the Windows folder, it is much safer to give the files to Windows, which can inspect them, and then Windows can insert them safely. However, Windows does not inspect their contents. If you give it the incorrect contents, Windows no longer thinks it corrupt, and may well install quite happily - the wrong components, yes, but installed, yes - and then your computer is in a right mess!

Anyway, here is how to do exactly what you were trying to do, safely.

WARNING! This fix was created specifically for this user! If you are not this user, do not follow these instructions!
@levezinho: Ignore the above

Download the attached .zip file. Inside it, will be two folders, Packages and Manifests.

Create these folders if they do not already exist: C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests

Extract Packs.zip onto your Desktop. Please place the contents of my Desktop\Packages in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\Servicing\Packages\ and my Desktop\Manifests in C:\Windows\Temp\CheckSur\winsxs\Manifests. (For you there are no manifests. Just move on)

DO NOT place the .zip file in that folder, or the folders themselves. Make sure that a lot of files are in each of those Checksur folder.

Re-run the System Update Readiness Tool, and get me another copy of C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log.

Also, please retest Windows Updates (with fingers slightly crossed, no matter how much we both know that that won't help! lol.)

Thanks a lot, and sorry for sounding so harsh,

Richard

Attached Files
File Type: zip Packs.zip (12.9 KB, 12 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec