View Single Post
12 Sep 2011  
jonsidneyb

windows 7 pro 32 bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote:
I am starting to think keeping two identical computers is a good idea.
I am not sure what that buys you. It is a lot of work for little gain. I have 6 systems and they are all different - depending of what they are used for.
The reason I was thinking identical is to use the same docking stations and both for roughly the same job.

I can do my job all on one computer easy enough but it would save a little time each day if I had them in two locations.

The biggest issue is downtime. I got very very far behind on work when one of my computer started having issues. It will take me several days to get current again.

I know now I could have recovered with backups but I think it would be helpful to have two still with the exact same things on them.

Since the storage requirements, and docking stations would be the same I think it is OK to make everything the same. I could then fix or get the second computer fixed at my leisure.

In fact if I had two indentical setups I would possibly not try and fix one of the computers myself and just pay someone to do it so I could keep working on my business.
My System SpecsSystem Spec