03 Oct 2011
Quote: Originally Posted by lelwood
I am trying to troubleshoot BSODs I'm having on a machine I built about 9 months ago. The BSODs started about a month ago. Here is the info on my machine:
Hardware · Motherboard-Asus P6X58D Premium
· PSU-Antec True Power New 750W
· BIOS-ver 1002
· Processor-Intel i7 950 3.07 GHz
· 12 GB RAM
· SATA1-Corsair CSSD F120GB2-BRKT
· SATA2-WDC WD20EARS-00MVW
· SATA3-ASUS DRW 24BIST
· 3dconnexion Space Explorer
· Operating System-Windows 7 (64 bit), license key with media
o C:\-111 GB, 62.3 GB free
o D:\ -DVD drive
o E:\-1863 GB, 1863 GB free
· MS Updates-includes Office products, configured to download and prompt installation
· Productivity-MS Office Home and Business 2010 (32 bit for compatibility), Visio 2010 (32 bit), license key with media
· Browser-Firefox ver. 3.6.13
o Torad Color
o Brother MFC 8660DN
· AV-AVG Free, 2011
o Configured for auto updates
o Scans scheduled for Wed 12 a.m.
· Solidworks 2011 SP2 (64 bit)
I've installed the Windows SDK and tried to analyze the dump file, but can't figure out exactly what I'm looking at. The machine won't stay up long enough to go through the steps that were outlined as far as collecting data, so please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to assist in identifying the problem.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).
2-AVG. Remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials
Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide
AVG Removal Tool
Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials
|My System Specs