View Single Post
07 Oct 2011  
hawkeye62

Windows 7 Professional 64bit SP1

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Maybe I missed it but Disk 2 is new information. You need to be careful and it is generally not a good idea to have 2 "cloned" disks connected at the same time.

You can try the following:
1) disconnect disk 2 and make sure your PC still boots
2) Reassign a new volume letter to disk 1 (D: ) ....say G
3) reboot
4) go back into "change settings" and see what happens
OK done, "change settings" brings up Backup which still fails with the same error message.

I put "G" drive in service to see if Backup would recognize it as a place to put images. It doesn't. I usually have "G" powered down. It is connected to an external SATA port and has a separate power supply, so all I have to do is turn off the power to the enclosure.

This is very frustrating. I am very disappointed in Windows 7. Seems to be way too fragile. I even tried the Upgrade Install to try and "fix" Windows 7 by the method shown on this forum. When I used Vista SP 2 as compatibility mode, the install failed with message that Windows 7 Professional could not be upgraded to Windows 7 Professional. And when I tried with Windows 7 compatibility mode it failed with a message that installed version is newer than the upgrade. So, I can't do any install except a fresh install which I would very much like to avoid.

Thanks for your continued help, Jim
My System SpecsSystem Spec