Random BSODs related to "ntsokrnl.exe+7cc40"
Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
- the original installed OS on the system? It wasn't prebuilt with an OS, if that's what you mean. This hard drive is brand new.
- an OEM or full retail version? Full retail.
- What is the age of system (hardware)? About 7 months old.
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) A couple days old. I just reinstalled because my old hard drive failed and I had to acquire a new one.
Today I've had two random BSODs, both apparently related to ntoskrnl.exe. The first happened when I signed in to Windows, and a couple seconds later it went kaput. When it restarted it suggested I do Startup Repair (or whatever it was called), and I restored it to an earlier (by early I mean like one from yesterday, considering this OS install is new) System Restore point. The second one just happened a while ago when I was playing Borderlands.