View Single Post
11 Oct 2011  
0null0

Windows 7 Professional x64

Thank you for quick response!

Unfortunately I have the System Restore disabled. Nevertheless, and don't get me wrong here, I would find it way overkill to have to use System Restore after changing trivial OS options. I like to know why the OS behaves in the way it does, and to know how to persuade it to stop acting like a child.

The driver is up to date.

I've reinstalled the driver, no results.

As I've written before, the Aero troubleshooter thinks everything's just perfect. Double checked, just in case.

I am quite sure it isn't a problem with the hardware connection, as the graphics work normally under Linux.

I find the coincidence that all this occured right after I changed the power settings too striking to look for causes elsewhere. Maybe there is some way Win7 connects config to active display under which the changes were made, etc.?

EDIT: Ok, found the problem. Somehow the internal Intel Graphics bit depth setting got set to 16b instead of 32. So I guess I was wrong about the power settings. Strange. Perhaps changing those settings caused the intel driver to lower the depth for the display that was active at the time, and it never got set back.

Nevertheless, thanks for your help, gregrocker. Sorry to have posted somewhat stupid question

Cheers!
My System SpecsSystem Spec