View Single Post
05 Nov 2011  
pooch

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by scoco View Post
pooch - You asked about the Rosewill - it does exactly what the SIIG card does - sometimes Win 7 detects it at boot when it's already inserted and sometimes not.

As for running the XP driver in compatibility mode, I'm not sure how to do that. The VIA and TI Firewire drivers are built into Windows - 7 and XP - so there's not an executable installation file to run in compatibility mode. Also, I don't know for sure where to get the XP drivers. Just copy from Windows\System32 from an XP machine? If you know a way to force the drivers to compatibility mode, I'll try that first. If not, I'll look into the USB procedure you mentioned. You say that the drivers must be uninstalled, but since they're MS/Windows drivers they don't show up in Remove Programs.

Thanks.
OK thank you for this info. I have never used a fire wire device so some of this is new to me. I think it best to go on with the tutorial and I think it is still best to follow it through as written, however if no drivers show up in Device Manager then you cannot uninstall them and should just go on with the next step.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by scoco View Post
Another interesting observation - when Windows detects the SIIG card, I can see it in the system tray disconnect tool list as a VIA OHCI 1394 device. When it detects the Rosewill, it shows up as a PCI to PCI Bridge device in that list.
Something is definitely confused then lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec