View Single Post
30 Nov 2011  
writhziden

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jumanji View Post
My lappie does not have DELL Datasafe local. So no possibility of making recovery disks.

1.The only possible thing as per the manual is to restore it to factory image, by repeatedly pressing F8 when DELL logo appears and yes I had repeatedly pressed F8 but it does not take cognizance of it and gets on to the next screen.

2. As I said there is only the first screen with Ubuntu Light icon and Windows 7 icon. By default Windows 7 icon is highlighted and after 5 seconds Windows 7 boots. (There is no Windows Boot Manager Screen as we normally see)

If at the time Windows 7 boots I press F8 repeatedly it does take me to the Advanced Boot Options, but the screen that comes is the one we normally get "Restore from a system Image"( an image taken by me) and not "DELL Factory Image Restore" which should be the item to appear in-lieu, to restore it from the recovery partition.
TVEblen hit the nail on the head on this one. Try his suggestion. You want to get to the typical Windows 7 repair screen, which you can do on a multi-OS machine after you move your selection to the Windows 7 option (without actually hitting enter to start Windows) and then hit F8. If you have a different boot options screen, you may have to select the Windows 7 option and hit enter and then IMMEDIATELY hit F8. I know the Windows boot option requires you to select the Windows 7 option, then hit F8, and then hit enter.
My System SpecsSystem Spec