View Single Post
02 Dec 2011  
DrownedOut

Windows 7 x64 Pro

There are no sound enhancments on. From the sound options Tone Tab the Bass Balance and Treble are at default 0.0dB. For the Creative Console Launcher settings there are many settings i've tried toggling them all. They do change what I hear, such as the X-Fi crystalizer making it clearer, the CMSS-3D gives better 3D sound, etc. I have changed EAX effects on and off, and the sound changes somewhat accordingly.

But, and I don't know how to phrase this too well, the changes still don't make it sound good. It's like I'm running a pair of dodgy 20 dollar headphones through onboard sound. While the settings change something, it's still a pair of dodgy 20 dollar headphones through onboard sound. It's like whatever it was that actually gives the soundcard it's quality is gone. This was the same problem I had originally, but somehow it fixed itself after a few driver attempts. It was like one of the drivers magically made it work like it was supposed to. But I've had no such luck with the fresh install.

EDIT: Could it be some form of codec thats missing? Or some other 3rd party software?
My System SpecsSystem Spec