View Single Post
02 Dec 2011  

Windows 7 x64 Pro

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
It's been awhile since I had the old Audigy installed and from what I can find on the Internet Creative's software looks abit different, but where is the equalizer? Sounds to me like you're in need of using it.

I have an Asus Xonar card with original Klipsch Promedia 5.1 speakers and if I set the equalizer to flat across the spectrum (30 to 16k), the sound is obviously very flat, not rich and full. I have a User Defined equalizer setting that I've found sounds very good with most kinds of music.

But yea, if I want to show how poorly the system can sound with this Xonar card, I can set the equalizer to flat. As I remember, I did the same with the Audigy software.
The equalizer is on the Creative Console Launcher. I have tested every setting it has available. They have effects, but it's the same problem where the overall quality is just bad. It almost reminds me of having some old headphones that had a surround switch, they sounded horrible until you hit the switch to turn the surround sound on. At this point I'm not sure what to do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec