Quote: Originally Posted by ScrumpyDorito
Its located in the registry in HKEY-LOCALMACHINE/SOFTARE/WOW6432NODE/MICROSOFT/windows/currentversion/setup/PNPLOCKDOWNFILES
It isnt actually installed because it doesnt show in the SYS32 files and no recorded documents, it was only in the registry.
Its still in the registry and it wont let me delete it either even though I ran in as ADMIN. Cant seem to change it to full control when I go into regedit properties.
You need to take ownership of that key. To do so:
1. Click on the Start Menu
2. Type regedit into the Search for programs and files box(do not hit enter)
3. Right click regedit.exe and click Run as administrator
4. Find the key you mention above
5. Right click the key in the left pane
6. Click Permissions
7. Click Advanced
8. Click the Owner tab
9. Select your user from the list below Change owner to:...If your user is not listed under Change owner to:, click Other users or groups... and enter your username exactly as it appears in C:\Users, then select your user from the list
10. Tick the box to Replace owner on subcontainers and objects
11. Hit OK.
12. Select your user from the Group or user names. If your user is not listed, click Add and again type in your user name as it appers in C:\Users, then select your user from the list
13. Tick the box under Allow for full control.
14. Hit OK
15. You should now be able to delete the key.