14 Dec 2011
Easy, your AVG.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiw
I have run memtest and dskchk in dos to verify RAM and HDD integrity because I was getting lots of pc lock-ups where the only thing to do was hard shutdown.
The two most recent errors i got was driver_irql_not_equal_or_less with stop: 0x000000C4
the other page_fault_in_nonpagedarea with win32k.sys error, no stop code.
Have done the steps in the sticky.
Former minidumps were accidentally deleted when I ran a disk cleanup.
I notice your AVG which is often at least a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace your AVG with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Old drivers needing updating
How To Find Drivers:
SiWinAcc.sys 11/1/2004 2:21:31 PM 0x85950000 0x85952880 0x00002880 0x41868cbb
SiRemFil.sys 1/24/2007 6:17:24 PM 0x85fdc000 0x85fdd580 0x00001580 0x45b7e904
Si3531.sys 2/4/2009 11:41:18 PM 0x8586e000 0x858a4000 0x00036000 0x498a6dee
hamachi.sys 2/19/2009 5:36:27 AM 0x916ff000 0x91703c00 0x00004c00 0x499d362b
netr73.sys 3/12/2009 10:13:15 PM 0x96cd9000 0x96d67000 0x0008e000 0x49b9cf4b
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads
|My System Specs