View Single Post
15 Dec 2011  
joflo723

Win7 Home Premium 64 bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ignatzatsonic View Post

Synctoy is among the better choices for file/folder.

If you are willing to spend 30, look at Second Copy, from Centered Systems. Free 30 day trial; excellent layout and GUI; intuitive; quick; under continual development for over 10 years. It is strictly file/folder for your personal data--a competitor to Synctoy.

Imaging for Windows: Windows Backup and Restore works if you can learn and live with its idiosyncrasies. Macrium Reflect Free is probably the more popular choice here.

I assume you know that most imaging programs allow you to drill into the created image file and extract individual files as needed.

Yes, any file/folder tool worth a damn will only backup files that have changed or are new since the last backup. The first backup might take hours---subsequent backups more likely take seconds or a couple of minutes.
Thank you for that information. I'll check out Second Copy.

Yes, I do understand that most imaging programs allow you to extract individual files...it just always seems so tedious. Plus, it won't work if I take it to another computer that doesn't have that backup program installed, correct?

Jo
My System SpecsSystem Spec