View Single Post
15 Dec 2011  

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by joflo723 View Post
Thank you for responding. This may need to be a separate thread, but you mentioned the actual restore process, which made me wonder...let's say I have a mirror image of my disk, and my hard drive fails. Is the process really as simple as just reinstalling windows, and then using the backup and restore utility to get your computer back to how it was before the hard drive died?

Its actually even simpler than that. Have the location of your backup plugged into the computer. Boot from the Windows 7 Installation or recovery disc. After selecting your language options, click Repair Your Computer. Select System Image Recovery. It's pretty simple from there. Once you select the image to be recovered it will take 30 or so minutes (depending on image size) to restore the image to your computer. You can then restart the computer and boot into Windows normally. Your computer will be exactly as it was at the moment you created the system image. Remember, in order for this to work the hard drive you are restoring the image to has to be the same size or larger than the original.
My System SpecsSystem Spec