View Single Post
13 Jul 2009  
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400

hey

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dorfdad View Post
Im using Comcast internet and I have the 22 download mb speed package

Here is my Speedtest result which to me are impressive.

However when I use newsgroups using astraweb with 20 connections my maximum speeds are topping out at 2831.32 KB/s

Im using SABNZB 4.11 for the downloads and I have my firewall setup correctly. I also hate to admit that im not 100% sure what 2831.32 KB/s translates into for MB/s I think its around 3mb!??

Can anyone help me out and let me know if I should be getting faster speeds and what I might be able to do about it!
Dorfdad
Not really a win 7 question but who cares. there are several ways to improve your downlaods but the first way I would go with is one of the top news readers. I happen to use Newsbin Pro, but also use two others on other machines. I have 1 down with newshosting (an astraweb user) I get 10Mb down with 10 connections. have you ever done a traceroute from your machine to astraweb? (you can get a traceroute client for trial at ping probrobe.com) there are several ways to improve hig latency toute but dealing with that makes your head explode. try a new newsreader client, do a traceroute, and let me know I have TONS of experience with usenet.

Hope this helps

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec