View Single Post
01 Jan 2012  
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit Technical Preview

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by michaelking View Post
Hi. Thanks for you time, and no problem. I'm actually a little relieved now. They should actually advertise this on the website, but they don't. Strange. Do you think I'll be okay using 4GB's of RAM for gaming?
ye 4gb is like the minuim imo when i game i use like 2-2.5gb of ram (sometimes 3gbs depends what i'm running) mainly like 1.5 for windows when idle and i got 4gb of ram ,more wouldn't hurt though. I would say return those incompatible ram sticks and get ram sticks that are compatible with your motherboard that have the same amount of memory like the ones you sent back but work with your pc. But ye you should be ok with 4gbs of ram, will only go real up if your running like other apps like wmp,xfire,steam,,antivirus at the same time like i do and will be useing around 2-2.5gbs of ram when gaming and around 1.4-1.7gbs of ram when not gaming i got mine to go to 1.4 instead of 1.7 messing around with the prefetch and superfetch settings in the registry to only cache the boot files to lower my ram usage but to answer your question you will be fine with 4gbs of ram just dont get suprised when you game that your ram usage is above 2gbs or close to 3gbs of ram usage
My System SpecsSystem Spec