View Single Post
02 Jan 2012  
thatsmajor

Windows 7 Pro x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jcgriff2 View Post
The files you provided were fine, but all they show is sudden system shutdowns, which I would expect given freezing & forced shutdowns.

3rd party drivers do not load in safemode (except networking if so chosen). The load on the system in safemode is no where near that of normal Windows boot.

Run Driver Verifier - see if it flags any 3rd party drivers.

Just curious - You have a NVIDIA chipset, but an AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 video card. Why ATI? ATI & NVIDIA don't always play nicely together. Please note that at this time there is no evidence to suggest this is a problem. However, NVIDIA video is much more stable than ATI.
Here's my thinking with it all, tell me if this is flawed in any of the steps...

If it was JUST a hardware issue there wouldn't be a corresponding error that's consistent that's logged in the software. It would just freeze or stall when a load was put onto whatever component and there would be a reasonable trail.

In regards to the ATI choice, I originally bought the ATI for DXVA, but am now using MadVR which actually has Cuda support and no DXVA support.. so... haha My old Radeon died, so I bought a new one w/o investigating other options.

I'm going to put the driver verifier on now, and restart and let the computer do what it does while im at work and see what kind of results I have when I get home.
My System SpecsSystem Spec