View Single Post
09 Jan 2012  

Windows 7 x64/sp1

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JimLewandowski View Post
There are 2 attached files. a .bat file and a .txt file.

Download the one of your choice and if .txt, rename it to a .bat extension.

The 6-digit # on \Backup is HHMMSS.

It didn't like you targeting D for your system image as that's on the same physical disk as the OS (C).

Thanks for interest and potential innovative methods of inquiry or solution. I've been up to me ears in development environment details - all working, but lots of learning curve - that followed a building of a new (for me, anyway) high-powered system and move directly from 11 years of Win2k-skipXP-to-Win7 x64 and !! 16GB of memory! Have we finally arrived yet?

Thanks for the clue about the 6-digit #.

I quite agree with you that targeting a D partition on my OS drive would be foolish. In all of the detail you furnished me, I think you missed that I mentioned early on that "I also have an internal SATA 6Gb 500Gb Backup (E:)." It was this non-ssd "internal" Western Digital HDD that I made the SystemImage backup to.

When I have recovered a bit during the next couple of days I will explore what you offer. It appears to be right out of the annals of the under-the-hood potential that has made the Windows Annoyance series so helpful and successful. I do notice though that a few of the descriptions he offers are no longer available, perhaps changed somehow in sp1.

Thanks again. Back to you in a bit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec